DUBLIN, Nov. 29, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “Global Regenerated Cellulose Market by Type (Fibers (Viscose, Lyocell, Modal), Films), Manufacturing Process, Source, End-user Industry (Fabrics, Automotive, Agriculture, Packaging) and Region (North America, Europe, APAC, Rest of the World) – Forecast to 2027” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The Regenerated Cellulose market size is estimated to be USD 18.0 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach USD 27.3 Billion by 2027, at a CAGR of 8.7%
The regenerated cellulose can be used either as fibers or as a film. These fibers are further segmented into various types such as viscose, modal, lyocell, and others, all can be made using different chemical processes. The properties such as highly absorbent, easily washable, soft, smooth, comfortable to wear, good draping ability, and others are widely used to find applications in various end-use industries.
Owing to the recovery of several end-use industries such as fabric, automotive, and agriculture, from the COVID-19 pandemic, and the increasing demand for fashionable items and penetration of electric vehicles (EVs) worldwide is projected to increase the demand for regenerated cellulose in the forecast period.
By Type, Fibers segment accounted for the highest CAGR during the forecast period
Fibers are estimated to be the fastest growing market during the forecast period owing to rising demand for eco-friendly products which helps to enhance sustainability. The regenerated cellulosic fibers have some excellent properties such as high wet tenacity, good absorbency, soft, lustrous, easily dyeable, biodegradability, good drape ability, and others which helps them to use as an alternative to synthetic fibers.
By End Use Industry, Fabric Industry accounted for the highest CAGR during the forecast period
Fabric Industry is estimated to be the fastest growing market for regenerated cellulose market due to the increasing usage of the wide variety of fashionable dresses, ethnic wear, inner wear, outerwear, sportswear, beddings, rugs, draperies, carpets, curtains, blankets, cushions , and many more. As these fabrics are very comfortable, soft, and lustrous, have good breathability, good absorbency, and others, which help to increase the usage of the regenerated cellulose.
By Manufacturing Process, NMMO process accounted for the highest CAGR during the forecast period
NMMO process is the fastest growing manufacturing process market segment owing to the increase in the demand for lyocell fibers in several end-use industries such as fabrics and automotive.
By Source, Recycled/De-inked Pulp accounted for the highest CAGR during the forecast period
Recycled/ De-inked pulp is the fastest growing source segment. Increasing issue of deforestation due to excessive cutting of trees and rising problem of soil erosion has led to the scarcity of wood pulp in some regions such as Asia Pacific, and Europe. Therefore, the demand for regenerated cellulose derived from recycled pulp is growing rapidly in these regions.
APAC is projected to account for the highest CAGR in the regenerated cellulose market during the forecast period
APAC is estimated to be the fastest growing market for regenerated cellulose during the forecast period. Regenerated cellulose markets are estimated to register significant growth in India, China, and Japan, due to their strong demand from end-use industries such as fabric, automotive, agriculture, packaging, and others.
The growth of the Asia Pacific regenerated cellulose market is driven by the economic growth of countries such as China and India. Increasing awareness regarding sustainability, eco-friendly, and other end-use industries in the region supports the growth of the market. Moreover, the growing demand from major end-use industries in the region further boosts the growth of the regenerated cellulose market.
The Regenerated Cellulose market includes major manufacturers such as Sateri (China), Sateri, Lenzing AG (Austria), Grasim Industries Limited (India), Kelheim Fibers GmbH (Germany), Fulida Group (China), and Eastman Chemical Company (US) are the key players operating in the regenerated cellulose market. Expansions, acquisitions, joint ventures, and new product developments are some of the major strategies selected by these key players to boost their positions in the regenerated cellulose market.
- Regenerated Cellulose Market Snapshot
- Fibers Segment Accounted for Larger Share of Regenerated Cellulose Market in 2021
- Viscose Fibers Accounted for Largest Market Share in 2021
- Fabrics Segment Accounted for Larger Market Share Than Automotive Segment in 2021
- Viscose Manufacturing Process Captured Larger Market Share Than Nmmo Process in 2021
- Wood Pulp Segment Accounted for Larger Market Share Than Non-Wood Pulp Segment in 2021
- Asia-Pacific Captured Largest Share of Regenerated Cellulose Market in 2021
- Rising Demand for Man-Made Fibers in Fabrics Industry to Drive Market Growth
- Fibers and China Accounted for Largest Share of Regenerated Cellulose Market, by Type and Country, Respectively, in 2021
- South Africa to Register Highest CAGR in Global Regenerated Cellulose Market
- Surging Use of Man-Made Cellulosic Fibers in Textile and Apparel Products
- Increasing Focus of Automotive Industry on Reducing Carbon Footprint
- Rising Demand for Biofibers Having Minimal Resistance to Environmental Degradation
- Increasing Adoption of Rayon as Substitute for Silk and Cotton
- Scarcity of Raw Materials, Along with Capital-Intensive Business Operations
- Availability of Cheaper Substitutes Such as Synthetic Fibers
- Adoption of New Technologies to Produce and Dissolve Regenerated Cellulose
- Use of Regenerated Cellulose Fibers in Personal Care and Hygiene Products
- Stringent Rules and Regulations with Respect to Cellulose Acetate Products
- Rising Focus of Manufacturing Firms on Achieving Net-Zero Emission Targets by 2050
- Lenzing Ag
- Grasim Industries Limited
- Kelheim Fibers GmbH
- Fulida Group
- Cff GmbH & Co. Kg
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Gp Cellulose, LLC
- Century Textile and Industries Limited
- Tangshan Sanyou Group.,Ltd.
- Hubei Golden Ring New Materials Tech Limited
- Celanese Corporation
- Xinxiang Chemical Fiber Co., Ltd.
- Jiangsu Aoyang Technology Corporation Limited
- Barnet Intelligent Materials
- Sniace, SA
- He-Tex Holdings Limited
- Samil Spinning Co.,Ltd
- Sichuan Push Acetati
- Composition Materials Co., Inc.
- Contemporary Fabrics Inc.
- Kobo Products Inc.
- Beaver Manufacturing Company, Inc.
- Asahi Kasei Corp.
- Daicel Corp.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/5tq1xc
Global Regenerated Cellulose Market